Skip to main content

Bio Verte Environnement, Mayenne

English Agents, Home of Mini Waste Water Treatment Plants.

Home Page
About Us
Topaze T12,T16EH
Vodalys Micro Stn 6EH
Oxy 5
Oxy Filtre 2-17 EH
Compact'O ST2 4-16EH
New! CompactO ST 4-6EH
Ecoflo system
21+ EH Collective systems
Fluidifix.Solar/Wind Pwrd
Vermin & Flood Protection
Frequent questions
Gallery of Installations
Contact Bio Verte
Useful Links
Site Map
Page d'accueil Fr.
Q: Do you buy and sell the systems.
A: No, we are agents for the distributers. The prices we give are the set prices given by those distibuters. We do not add markups.

Q: Our waste water diagnostique inspector, when visiting, informed us we have 4 years to fix any problem, is this correct?
A: Strictly speaking NO. The "inspectors", most of whom have only attended a course on completing the paperwork, should be saying 4 years until the next inspection. In our opinion, they are just trying to appease and not incur the wrath of an owner when telling them their system does not conform whilst holding their hand out for payment. Their job is only to complete the diagnostic form and pass it to the Mairie who in turn will pass it to Spanc. The period given for any repair or replacement will be advised by letter/report, most probably when Spanc take overall control of Assainissement non collectif, in 2012. Depending on the seriousness of any judged pollution, that will determine how long to rectify any problem(s). There is also a suspicion that in 2015, the effluent quality of the treated water from fosse septiques with sand filters, will be tested. Continued pollution will be classed as a criminal act.
A:In France, at the moment, any micro system model must have passed a simple evaluation by CERIB or CSTB and consequently been given a numero d'agrement by the Ministry of Health. Once an application is received by Spanc via the Mairie, they will check the system documentation to ensure it has the NF EN 12566-3, the numero d'agrement (eg 2010-003) and that the system is on their conformity list. If the system does not appear there and has non of these figures noted on its documentation, the application will be refused.

A: Micro stations using an air compressor for oxygenation will require varying wattage of electricity.
The wattage depends on size. T5 is 60w. Eco pret  0%loans are available for systems not using electricity such as the Compact'O which is a system ideal for "maison secondaires".
A: De-Sludging on electric feed type stations, which is the sediment that is created over time by the aerobic treatment process, depends on how many persons and length of regular time being used. It can vary by station make/model to station make/model, ranging fom 3 monthly de-sludge to every 2 years. Normally once the level of sludge reaches 30-50% of compartment, then it requires minor sucking out. Extra tanks for Topaze (stockage boues) can be purchased as an optional extra if required, or even existing holding tanks ( fosse etanches ) can be utilised as extra storage. 

A: Aerobic treatment is a biological process, the principle of which is the use of free or dissolved oxygen by micro organisms (aerobes) in the degradation of organic wastes. Since oxygen is available to working aerobes as an electron acceptor, the biodegradation process can be significantly accelerated, leading to increased through put capacity of a treatment system.

A: Aerobic treatment has many advantages including: 1) minimum odour when properly loaded and maintained; 2) large biochemical oxygen demand (BOD) removals providing a good quality effluent; 3) high rate treatment allowing smaller scale systems, e.g., less land required; 4) the final discharge may contain dissolved oxygen which reduces the immediate oxygen demand on a receiving water; and 5) the aerobic environment eliminates many pathogens present in agricultural wastes.

A: Although we recommend systems be installed by a registered terrassement artisan, yes you can install yourself so long as the technical manual and Etude plan is followed to the letter. You will be required to call the water authority once the work is started so they can arrive normally within 5 days and inspect the installation before you backfill.

A: It is recommended ( in some departments obligatory) that you obtain the services of an Etude de Sol. Average cost for the Etude is 300 euro which gives you 4 copies of the installation plans along with the paperwork necessary to procede with an application via your Mairie to Spanc. 1 copy kept by the applicant and 3 copies to the Mairie.

A:  if properly installed it will last for 25 years or more.

The blower and some other equipments (electro valves, float switches), will possibly have to be replaced in between.

Guarantee on polypropylene tank is 10 years. Guarantee on electromechanical parts: T5 to T40 2 years.  T50 to T300 1 year

Q: Are service contracts available?

A:Yes. eg, the T5 to T10, up to 100kms round trip 190.00 euro. 101 to 200kms 250.00 euro.For T15 to T20 up to 100kms round trip 225.00 euro. 101 to 200kms 300.00 euro. Under French law, any conforming system must offer a service contract.

Q:What can be sent into a micro station (Influent)?

A: Micro Station Sewage treatment plant, treats all household waste water (kitchen, toilet, bathroom, washing machines etc...)

Q: What cannot be sent into a micro station (Influent)?


A:   Click here to download a list of items which cannot and should not, be sent to a Waste Water Treatment Plant.

A:  From 1.5 Mtrs on the T5 up to 3.5 mtrs on the T20.

Q: Does a Micro Station require a sand filter bed like a fosse septique.?
A: No, micro stations do not require a huge sand filter bed. In very rare cases it may require a small perculation bed (soakaway).

Q: Where does a micro station discharge to (Effluent)?
A: Normally the effluent can be discharged into a road drain, a ditch, and if necessary, with the correct permission, watercourses such as a river, stream or lake. Because the effluent is so highly oxygenated, it can also improve the oxygen quality of the receiving watercourse.

Q: What happens if my system does not conform within the 4 year limit or for serious pollution, the time scale given on the report?
A: Under the Decree of 7th September 2009, the Mairie have the power to have the work carried out and just send you the invoice.
Continued pollution will be classed as a criminal act

Q: Can Spanc order me to use a specific system or Installer?
A: Under the principal of freedom of commerce and industry, Spanc cannot in any way affect individuals in choice of a company. Spanc however maintain a list of names for system conformity and also installers. This list has to be kept up to date by them, if you wish for them to assist you in choosing. 

Q: 5.5% renovation TVA rate and how do I qualify.
A: There are 3 conditions.
  • The house must be at least 2 years old. If your house is just under 2 years old, you may wish to wait a few months until it crosses the 2 year threshold, lowering your tax rate from 19.6% to 5.5%.
  • The renovations are minor to medium in size. If your property needs major renovations, it may be worth staging this into separate smaller renovations over time, in order to benefit from the reduced tax rate. Individual jobs performed within a 2 year period can be considered as a single item, so major items may need to be staged to occur more than 2 years apart to avoid the 'major renovation' threshold.
  • The work is done by a registered trades person. It is advisable to have the person doing the work provide a written estimate (known in French as a 'devis'), which should show their TVA registration number. This way you have a written document in advance showing that they can and will charge the work at 5.5%.

Note that the reduced rate of 5.5% is only applicable if all 3 conditions are met. If, for example, you buy the materials yourself instead of having the tradesman buy them, you will end up paying 19.6%. Of course, you can still pick up and pay for the materials yourself (for example, if you don't want a workman to leave the job just to get some more materials) but make sure that it is purchased under the tradesman's account so that you can benefit from the lower tax rate.

Q: How do I buy from the UK but not pay VAT.

A: UK business's do not usually need to charge VAT on goods exported to France, if it meets 2 conditions:

  1. It obtains a valid TVA registration number from the French customer/artisan, shows it (including the FR prefix) on the sales invoice; and
  2. It obtains and keeps documentary proof of export. If both these conditions are met, the export will be zero-rated.